Aging in Place
#1 Aging in Place for Greater Dayton OH
Aging in Place Remodeling, Dayton OH
A BATH TO LOVE NOW AND IN THE FUTURE
If you’re going to the trouble and expense of remodeling your bathroom, why not make it the last renovation you will ever need? With careful planning, you can make your bath one you can use safely and comfortably for the rest of your life.
Unfortunately, many homeowners regard aging-in-place remodeling as something that can be delayed until much later – but when a debilitating illness or injury strikes, there is rarely time or energy for renovations.
- Ample lighting. In the bathroom, consider installing lighting next to the door, over the bath and/or shower, and in corners to improve sight and prevent falls.
- Spa features. A low-threshold, walk-in shower makes a bathroom feel bigger and eliminates barriers to those who use wheelchairs and other mobility equipment. Additional options such as bench seating, an anti-slip floor, a removable handheld shower, and a hydrotherapy system in the bath permit easy use of the bathroom whether you are standing or sitting.
- Under-counter legroom. Sinks with sufficient knee space underneath can make bathroom use easier if you need to sit while shaving or applying makeup, or if you are accessing the sink from a wheelchair.
- Chair-height toilets. A chair-height toilet with enough surrounding space for safety bars to be installed and wheelchair maneuverability can eliminate many future headaches.
- Well-located storage. Abundant storage located at an easy height makes bathroom use simple now and in the future.
SCHEDULE A FREE IN-HOME CONSULTATION
18 Months No Interest
For 5-Star Bathrooms, Showers, and Bathtub Replacement
$1050 OFF Baths, Showers, & Remodels!